Saturday, February 21, 2009

Best hubby EVER!!!

So I just wanted to let everyone know that I have the best husband ever.  He surprised me at work yesterday to bring me flowers.  They were special because of many reasons: 

1.  They were my favorite! Gerba daisies.  Red, orange yellow.  They are such happy flowers.  You can't NOT smile when you seen them.  They radiate happiness!

2. There was 1 yellow rose.  Let me explain.  Jake is a very sentimental hubby.  For those of  you that know our history, Jake and I were best friends at the ripe young age of 12!  The very first gift he ever gave me was a yellow rose.  Yellow because it's the friendship rose and I believe he gave it to me for my birthday.  Since we started dating, any time Jake has ever given me flowers, there has always been 1 yellow rose somewhere in the arrangement.  Having a hubby that remembers things like that is very... AMAZING to say the least. Hands off girls! He's mine!

3.  They were just because flowers. No reason at all. No fight, no hurting of feelings, no "Honey, I spent a large amount of money without telling you".  Honestly, he gives me "just because" flowers a lot.  I don't mean to brag... but I kind of do!   They always surprise me because he has the timing down between deliveries.  My employees and co-workers love/hate him.  I only smile when they say, "You got flowers AGAIN?  Jake spoils you...I wish MY husband would do that for me. You've got a good man."  I smile my biggest smile and only agree with them.  I'll take all the teasing that comes along with a good husband.  

I left them at work. I'm there all the time. Why not enjoy them there where I can rub it in! But I realize that I'm an idiot and I forgot to take a picture of them to post.  I'll get one as soon as possible to show you! 

It's not just because of the flowers.  This just reminded me that I don't say it as much as I should.  I love you so much Jake!  Thank you for being such a wonderful husband, father and friend!  You mean the world to me and thanks for knocking on my door some 18 years ago!!!
I've won the prize.  I got the best man I could have ever asked for!

 

3 comments:

  1. Reading this post made me tear up a little. How romantic ... I don't agree on the fact that you have the best husband ever, but I'm glad to hear that Jake makes you so happy. You guys are the BEST! We love you and miss you every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't get flowers anymore unless I ask for them. But I a propose this: is it better for him to do something you ask him to do, or to do something because it's on his romantic To Do list? I'm not being facetious; I'm really wondering.

    ReplyDelete