Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Where do they get it from?

Okay!  Could someone PLEASE tell me where my children learn the things they do?!?!  Every day I look at them I think, "Where did they learn THAT?"  This includes the funny, smart and incredibly irritating things they do.  Oh, and speaking of making sounds that makes me want to rip my ears off and flush them down the toilet, WHAT'S WITH THE WHINING? I'm pretty sure they did not learn that from me OR Jake.  Now I consider myself a pretty understanding person and I would understand said outbursts if I said, "Hey kids! Would you mind too terribly if I make you eat bugs and sleep in the garbage?" But no...I'm only asking them to stop playing long enough to eat or take a bath when these...."tissy-fits" begin.  What gives?! 

On the opposite side of things, they are FAR smarter than me!  Morgan just turned 4 and she's helping Mason with his homework.  She's picks out small words in the books we read before I can get to them.  The other day Mason asked me why it's called "shoes and socks" when we put the socks on first.  My very sophisticated reply was, "......Uh...."  Although they ask a ton of questions, I love listening to the way they think and process new things.  I love the innocence of their little minds..

On to the funny side of things.  This one I DO know where they learn it.  Morgan LOVES to play hair. More importantly, she loves to play with MY hair.  During this time she likes to be Mommy while I play Morgan. She was trying to put my hair into 3 or 4 pony tails when she said, "Morgan! Hold your head still!  You're drivin' me nuts!" In my defense, my head was perfectly still.  Apparently, she thinks playing the role of "Mommy" is to be short tempered and mouthy.  Note: learning lesson for mom.

Anyway, I love my kids so stinking much.  But where the crap do they learn the things they do?!

4 comments:

  1. I am still laughing about Morgan yelling at you to hold your head still!

    Yes, it's me! I FINALLY got my internet hooked up. I love your blog! I MISS YOU! What the crap is with us, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunny likes my hair. She likes to pull it really really hard and suck on it.

    Instead of my Three year old asking "Why" about everything, she asks "why not" which doesn't make any gramatical sense. I don't know what to say to her.

    It was so fun to see you. Let's do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. could it be from the right wing show Sponge Bob Squart Pants?

    ReplyDelete